Formation offerte en partenariat avec l’ACE
Presenter: Jennifer Fleming Ph.D.
This two-day workshop is targeted at occupational therapists with all levels of experience in cognitive rehabilitation with adult neurological populations. It aims to equip therapists with both conceptual knowledge and practical techniques that reflect current evidence-based occupational therapy practice in cognitive rehabilitation. Small group discussions, videos and clinical reasoning activities will be utilized in order to help participants apply new knowledge. Research findings on new intervention programs and clinical case studies with a particular focus on working with adults with acquired brain injury will be integrated into the presentations.
After taking part in this workshop, participants will:
- Understand the important role of occupation in cognitive rehabilitation.
- Conceptualize the neuropsychological basis of cognitive functions including attention, memory, executive and metacognitive function.
- Be able to apply a repertoire of evidence-based cognitive rehabilitation techniques for specific cognitive impairments.
- Be able to individually tailor cognitive rehabilitation programs taking into account clients’ goals, cognitive profiles, level of self-awareness and emotional status, with an emphasis on community participation.
- Learn about the results of current research providing innovative approaches to cognitive rehabilitation in occupational therapy practice.