Areas of expertise
Although the field of Rehabilitation Science is vast, professors and researchers in our department have expertise in a wide range of health and rehabilitation problems such as :
- musculoskeletal disorders
- neurological disorders
- psychosocial disorders
- clients of all ages
For several years now, professors and researchers of our department are integrated in established research centres such as :
● le Centre de recherche interdisciplinaire en réadaptation du Montréal métropolitain (CRIR) ;
● le Centre de recherche de l’Institut universitaire de gériatrie de Montréal (IUGM) ;
● le Centre de Recherche du CHU Sainte-Justine ;
● le Centre de recherche Fernand-Séguin de l’Hôpital Louis-H Lafontaine.
These research centres participate in the training and mentoring for our graduate as well as our post doctoral students.
The École de réadaptation benefits from Université de Montréal international agreements established with other universities around the world. Consequently, it is possible for a graduate student to have a joint thesis supervision with an affiliated university.