Contact details (Research)
Centre de recherche de Montréal sur les inégalités sociales et les discriminations (CREMIS)
66, Sainte-Catherine East
Montreal (Quebec) H2X 1K7
Contact details (School of Rehabilitation)
T 514 343-6111, ext. 44046
- B. Sc. Occupational therapy, School of rehabilitation, Université de Montréal (1990)
- M. Sc. Biomedical sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Université de Montréal (1993)
- Ph. D. Public Health, School of Public Health, Université de Montréal (2016)
- Postdoctoral fellowship, Health planning and community participation, Oral health and society, McGill University (2016-2019)
- Lévesque, M. C., Law, S., Torrie, J., Carlin, R., Trapper, L., Kutcher, A. & Macdonald, M. E. (2019) Northern Québec James Bay Cree regional health governance in support of community participation: Honoring the “Butterfly.” International Indigenous Policy Journal. 10(4). doi:10.18584/iipj.2019.10.4.8425.
- Teachman, G., Lévesque, M. C., Keboa, M. T., Danish, B. A., Mastorakis, K., Noronha, C., … & Macdonald, M. E. (2018). Group peer review: Reflections on a model for teaching and learning qualitative inquiry. International Review of Qualitative Research, 11(4), 452-466. doi:10.1525/2018.11.4.452.
- Lévesque, M. C., Levine, A., & Bedos, C. (2016). Humanizing oral health care through continuing education on social determinants of health: Evaluative case study of a canadian private dental clinic. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 27(3), 971-992. doi:10.1353/2016.0139
- Lévesque, M. C., Levine, A., & Bedos, C. (2015). Ideological roadblocks to humanizing dentistry, an evaluative case study of a continuing education course on social determinants of health. International Journal for Equity in Health, 14, 41. doi:10.1186/s12939-015-0170-2
- Lévesque, M. C., Dupéré, S., Morin, N., Côté, J., Roberge, N., Laurin, I., . . . Bedos, C. (2015). Translating knowledge on poverty to humanize care: benefits and synergies of community engagement with the arts. Educational Action Research, 23(2), 207-224. doi:10.1080/2014.980286
- Lévesque, M. C., Hovey, R. B., & Bedos, C. (2013). Advancing patient-centered care through transformative educational leadership: a critical review of health care professional preparation for patient-centered care. Journal of Healthcare Leadership. 5, 35-46. doi:10.2147/jhl.s30889
- Lévesque M. C., & Bedos, C. (2012). « Listening to each other»: A project aimed at improving relationships with underserved members of our society. Journal of the Canadian Dental Association. 77, c20.
- Occupational Sciences: links between well-being, structural determinants of health and occupation within marginalized populations
- Indigenous community participation and wellness
- Participatory, qualitative, and “decolonizing ” methodologies
- Transformational learning in the health professions
- Social and political practices in occupational therapy